Some call it Nirvana. Others call it Awakening, Enlightenment, Realization, Oneness, Satori, Yoga, Liberation. For me, it is nothing mystical or grandiose, but something utterly mundane and ordinary. Whenever I hurt, I would examine the thoughts that I am believing in. And when I realize that those thoughts are untrue, I am left with nothing but Peace and Joy.



Google

Sunday, December 16, 2007

The stories I tell myself

I tell stories about myself and my world
Unless I question the stories (thoughts), I would believe them
And when I believe my stories, I am imprisoned by them
But when I question my stories, I am as free as a bird



Below are some famous quotations about the stories we tell ourselves.


"We are disturbed not by events but the views which we take of them"
-Epictetus

"There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so"
- Shakespeare

"it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"
-Shakespeare


"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players"

-Shakespeare


No comments: