Some call it Nirvana. Others call it Awakening, Enlightenment, Realization, Oneness, Satori, Yoga, Liberation. For me, it is nothing mystical or grandiose, but something utterly mundane and ordinary. Whenever I hurt, I would examine the thoughts that I am believing in. And when I realize that those thoughts are untrue, I am left with nothing but Peace and Joy.



Google

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Internalized Turnarounds?

I was visiting a friend. Her husband TC, was in and he has some nice gadgets that connects to the TV, for playing music, video etc. I wasn't particularly fond of this guy, for I have
known him to be unfriendly and cold, and speaks in short terse phrases devoid of any
warmth.

We were in his guestroom and I was looking at his gadgets and trying to figure out how
to play some music. I pushed some buttons here and there, and nothing seems to work.
All this while, TC was just sitting staring at me without even lifting a finger to help.

Finally he blurted out, "That's not a music player!". He sounded like a robot. However,
I was not the least bit upset by his words. The turnaround came fast, "He should have
said what he said - since that is what happened". It was more felt rather than thought.
And so there was just peace.

At that point, I woke up and found myself at home on my bed. The time was about 7.30 am.
It was just a dream. I was amazed that even while dreaming, I had unconsciously applied
the turnarounds! It then occurred to me that during the waking hours, I had also
been unconsciously doing that - the turnarounds would spntaneously arise to meet
any stressful thought that surfaces. The Work is internalized!

No comments: