Some call it Nirvana. Others call it Awakening, Enlightenment, Realization, Oneness, Satori, Yoga, Liberation. For me, it is nothing mystical or grandiose, but something utterly mundane and ordinary. Whenever I hurt, I would examine the thoughts that I am believing in. And when I realize that those thoughts are untrue, I am left with nothing but Peace and Joy.



Google

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Turnaround is truer - when it is felt to be less painful

It was around 8.35 am and I need to punch-in for work at 9 am. Meanwhile, I had to drop my 4-year old son at my in-laws. I knew that I probably won't be able to make in to work on time. It was very stressful. I rushed to the lift and rushed to the car-park on the 4th level of the multi-level carpark on my condominium, with my son tagging behind slowly. I got into the car and prepared to race all the way to my in-laws' place. There was much suffering in all this.



Then, I examined my underlying belief. Why do I have to punch-in for work at 9am. Because I assumed that I need to. Then the thoughts "Is that true" was felt, rather than thought. It was spontaneous and I was not even aware of it, until now while writing this blog. The answer arose from within - "I assume that I need to be in work at 9 am - that is why I am suffering". This was followed by the unspoken turnaround:



"I don't need to report to work at 9 am - until I do. I have no control over when reality would have me report to work at 9 am"



"How do I know that the turnaround is truer?"



"Because, it is less painful!"



With that, the suffering vanishes. I realize then that the test for whether a turnaround is truer, is to feel what the turnaround feels like. If it is felt to be less painful, then it is truer!

No comments: