Some call it Nirvana. Others call it Awakening, Enlightenment, Realization, Oneness, Satori, Yoga, Liberation. For me, it is nothing mystical or grandiose, but something utterly mundane and ordinary. Whenever I hurt, I would examine the thoughts that I am believing in. And when I realize that those thoughts are untrue, I am left with nothing but Peace and Joy.



Google

Saturday, October 20, 2007

A Car Accident Which I am Grateful For

This incident happened sometime in August.

It was lunch break and I left the office. I walked to the carpark, entered my car which was reversed-parked beside a row of pine trees. There was a car on my left and another one with a large behind on my right and it was obstructing my view. After casting a glance to my left and right, I drove out of the parking lot - and suddenly, crashed into the left rear section of a black car which appeared out of nowhere! Apparently, it was speeding past from right to left and was not there when I looked earlier.

I alighted and so did the other driver whom I immediately recognized to be John - one of my previous students in my Engineering Class. The left rear door and body of his car was quite badly dented. As for my car, the whole front bumper was hanging on its hinges. The right and left headlights was broken to pieces and scatterred on the road.

I could sense some very stressful thoughts just about to surface - and I instinctively knew that if I entertained them, I would plunge immediately into the bottomless pit of despair, regret, self-loathing and probably anger. But to my amazement, the thoughts never surfaced! Instead, the opposite thoughts (turnaround) surfaced - "What happened should have happened - because it did..." It was so spontaneous and subtle that it was felt rather than heard inwardly. I did not feel even a tinge of stress or regret over the accident.

At that point, I knew once and for all that I had achieved the permanent state of impertubability. It was as though, no events, no matter how bad others perceive it, could ever ever disturb me.

I later had to pay $700 to John and $1200 to my mechanic for the repairs - and this came at a time when I barely had money to buy myself lunch. Somehow, nature had managed to find a resource somewhere and the money came almost seemingly out of some reserves which I never expected.

This car accident was a significant event for me - it sort of confirms once and for all that sufferring for me - had ended. There was no doubt in my mind. Even if there were to be stressful thoughts in future, I know there and then, that my mind would almost instantaneously see the lies in them.

Once the snake has been recognized as a rope, it was impossible to believe otherwise. Incredible!

No comments: