Some call it Nirvana. Others call it Awakening, Enlightenment, Realization, Oneness, Satori, Yoga, Liberation. For me, it is nothing mystical or grandiose, but something utterly mundane and ordinary. Whenever I hurt, I would examine the thoughts that I am believing in. And when I realize that those thoughts are untrue, I am left with nothing but Peace and Joy.



Google

Sunday, October 28, 2007

A Mosquito Interlude

I am doing some C# Programming on the PC. Earlier, I had gone to Tesco and had bought a new PS2 Game entitled "Mr Mosquito" for my younger kid - after he had choosen it from the catalog.
Later, at home he had refused to play it - maybe fear or some other unknown reason. As I now type on my program on the PC, I could sense a pang of regretful thoughts just about to hit the surface of consciousness.

Miraculously, it just evaporated! And a hearty laugh burst forth! Followed by a warm embrace of great joy.

At that point, I was pitiful for those people who actually would sink deep into despair and depression after entertaining such self-defeating thoughts... What a shame... Freedom is so close at hand yet so far away... for almost everyone that I know...

I have come a long way since I first started with Byron Katie's TheWork sometime in the early part of 2007. When, I first came upon The Work, actually had to write out all the stressful thoughts and go through the 4 questions and turnaround.

Little by little, without even being conscious of it, the process became internalized. I really did not keep track of the unconcious but gradual process whereby my mind became more and more resistant to stresful thoughts.

Byron Katie is so right, when she says that after practising the Work for a long period of time, one will come to the stage where, one can actually just laugh at the antics of one's silly thoughts.

And for me, I have reached such a state.... My mind has already broken its addiction to believing in the lies conjured by thoughts. It is now sooo rooted in the state of being free... so much so, that even a trace of stressful thought is automatically discarded without an iota of effort!

No comments: