Some call it Nirvana. Others call it Awakening, Enlightenment, Realization, Oneness, Satori, Yoga, Liberation. For me, it is nothing mystical or grandiose, but something utterly mundane and ordinary. Whenever I hurt, I would examine the thoughts that I am believing in. And when I realize that those thoughts are untrue, I am left with nothing but Peace and Joy.



Google

Sunday, June 8, 2008

An email to Lye Soon

My brother-in-law Lye Soon is a sort of a complainer.
He complaints incessantly in one email after another about the
Government. I usually do not bother to reply. But on one
occasion I wrote him the following response:

Dear Lye Soon,

I cannot change people's thinking.
But I can change mine.
My happiness is dependent on the way I perceive the world.
If I am unhappy, the first place I look at is my beliefs and thoughts.

By questioning my stressful beliefs and thoughts I find that they are untrue
and that frees me. If I think that other people should not do what they do,
or think what they think, who suffers? I do.

Let people think what they want and let people do what they want. Let them take
care of their thinking and their happiness. I take care of mine.
And I am most comfortable when I do not believe stressful thoughts.

I prefer to be free than to be right.

All suffering is caused by believing untrue thoughts.

Try this:

http://www.byronkatie.com
http://www.thework.com

Love and Peace,
Paul

No comments: