Some call it Nirvana. Others call it Awakening, Enlightenment, Realization, Oneness, Satori, Yoga, Liberation. For me, it is nothing mystical or grandiose, but something utterly mundane and ordinary. Whenever I hurt, I would examine the thoughts that I am believing in. And when I realize that those thoughts are untrue, I am left with nothing but Peace and Joy.



Google

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

My son should say what he just said...

Last night as i was doing programming, my elder son was
making some rude remarks and verbally abusing my
younger son.

I then could sense the faint arising of some very, very
stressful thoughts just about to break the surface of
consciousness.

Those semi-conscious thoughts were something like
the following, although I could not be sure exactly what
they were because they haven't fully surfaced yet:

"He shouldn't shout and say bad things..."

At that point in time, I could sense that if I were to believe
whatever it was that was about to surface, I was going to
be in tremendous amount of emotional pain.

Then, quite suddenly, the mind began to turnaround. It was
automatic. It just would not attach to the arising thought.
It was like, I was just about to put my hand in the fire, and
almost automatically withdraw it - a very natural response.
The mind could see clearly that if it believed the opposite,
it would be free from pain. And the opposite is:

"My son should say what he just said"...

A warm feeling emanated and filled my entire body. It was
just delightful. And I smiled the smile of Peace...

No comments: