Some call it Nirvana. Others call it Awakening, Enlightenment, Realization, Oneness, Satori, Yoga, Liberation. For me, it is nothing mystical or grandiose, but something utterly mundane and ordinary. Whenever I hurt, I would examine the thoughts that I am believing in. And when I realize that those thoughts are untrue, I am left with nothing but Peace and Joy.



Google

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ronnie should have called me to move my car - Thanks

This morning I arrived in college at around 9.55 am. I took a few
rounds in the basement looking for a place to park.

Since I could not find a place, I parked in a spot where the road
turns right. At that point it wasn't blocking any passageway.

Later, when I was in my office, checking my emails, I got a call
to move my car.

I went down and saw Ronnie. He was saying that I should not
park haphazardly as this would make his job difficult and also
that I was blocking the passageway. Opposite was a car which
had parked in the passageway and together with my car, both
our cars were indeed blocking the passageway. I explained to
Ronnie that that car wasn't there when I arrived this morning.
I also explained that when I arrived there was no place to park.
He did say that outside were available places. Anyway, I
complied and moved my car.

My stressful thoughts shortly thereafter went something like
the following.

"Why are they always picking on me?"
"Why are they always picking on staff and allowing the
students to park haphazardly?"
"Ronnie should not have asked me to move my car"

and many more such stressful thoughts...

The thoughts arose out of nowhere in a stream. They were not
full-blown thoughts, and as such did not overwhelm me.

At that point in time, it dawned upon me that I was
sub-consciously believing a thought that Ronnie should approve
of me. All the above stressful stream of thoughts were hinged
upon an underlying belief that I need people to approve
of me. So the root cause is the thought:

"I need Ronnie's (people's) approval"

When this hidden thought hit the surface of my consciousness,
it's corresponding turnaround also arose:

"I need my approval"

And that was immediately felt to be as true. At that point in
time, a sense of instant relief swept over me. And I felt
grateful to Ronnie.

Grateful because he has helped me enlighten some of my
stressful underlying beliefs.

Thanks to Ronnie.

No comments: