Some call it Nirvana. Others call it Awakening, Enlightenment, Realization, Oneness, Satori, Yoga, Liberation. For me, it is nothing mystical or grandiose, but something utterly mundane and ordinary. Whenever I hurt, I would examine the thoughts that I am believing in. And when I realize that those thoughts are untrue, I am left with nothing but Peace and Joy.



Google

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Contraction and Expansion

This is follow-up to the last blog entitled "A Story of Conjunctivitis". Whenever the turnaround "I accept this ", "It is OK" arises, it is compared to the feelings. If the turnaround is on point, the feeling of suffering vanishes. What also happens is a relaxation, or, expansion, or letting go. It is both a physical sensation as well as a mental one. The muscles in the body relaxes as the mind lets go and expands. The mind expands into the pain and the suffering dissolves. Peace.

Suffering is a contraction into resistance - resisting the pain. And contraction is both a mental and physical phenomena. The mind entertains thoughts (mostly unconsciously, in my experience) like "I hope this pain will be over soon", "I don't want this". And the muscles in parts of the body tenses.

Freedom from suffering is a total acceptance of the pain. The mind stops resisting it, expands and the body relaxes.

No comments: