Some call it Nirvana. Others call it Awakening, Enlightenment, Realization, Oneness, Satori, Yoga, Liberation. For me, it is nothing mystical or grandiose, but something utterly mundane and ordinary. Whenever I hurt, I would examine the thoughts that I am believing in. And when I realize that those thoughts are untrue, I am left with nothing but Peace and Joy.



Google

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Mistaken class

I was working on my PC in my office, preparing a Lab Exercise on programming to be given to my students in the lab. The lab was supposed to take place at 4pm. I casually cast a glance on the wall clock and saw that it was already 3.40 pm!



To my horror, I began to panic. The exercises are not completed yet and I also needed at least a few hours to run through them all on my Visual C++ compiler to make sure they work. Unpleasant feelings swept over me.



Then, I suddenly realized that the lab was supposed to be tomorrow! Immediately there was instant relief. A heavy feeling was miraculously lifted. And I realize then the truth of what Byron Katie teaches - that we suffer when we believe an untrue thought.



I sufferred when I believed that the lab was at 4 pm today, but, when I realized my mistake, I did not belive anymore that the lab was to be on today. And with that, all the unpleasant feeling also left. Amazing!



I also tried to re-imagine and to re-believe that the lab is to be on today. But try as hard as I might, I could no longer make myself believe the lie again. Byron Katies says that truth is like that - once you have seen that the snake is actually a rope, you can never again make yourself believe otherwise.

No comments: